Naeto C`s Biography
Naetochukwu Chikwe popularly known by his stage name as Naeto C is a famous Nigerian hip hop rapper, singer, songwriter, recording artist, stage performer, record producer and a model. He was born on 17th December 1982 in Houston, Texas in the United States of America. He is currently 35 years old.
He is very handsome, creative, gifted, skillful and talented. Naeto C is originally from Imo State in the south eastern part of Nigeria. Naeto C completed both his primary and secondary school education in Lagos, Nigeria and obtained both his First School Leaving Certificate and West African Senior School Certificate.
After completing his primary and secondary school education in Lagos, Naeto C moved to the United States of America for his higher education. He attended Suny Old Westbury University for one year and later proceeded to George Washington University both in the United States of America and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology in 2004.
It was at this time that he met Uzikwendu and Ikechukwu in Washington, New York, United States of America, who was then an aspiring hip-hop artist. Naeto C, Uzikwendu and Ikechukwu went on to form the World Famous Akademy, a brotherhood of musicians. They planned to grow into an independent record label but could not get their hands on the proper funds.
After graduating from George Washington University in 2004, Naeto C intended to further his studies and become a medical doctor. After some deep self-searching he changed his mind and decided to pursue his dream and develop his talent as a musician.
In 2010, Naeto C obtained a Masters Degree in Energy Studies from the University of Dubdee in Scotland. In 2012, Naeto C got married to Nicole Chikwe and the marriage is currently blessed with beautiful kids.
Storm Records, a record company based in Lagos, Nigeria had been trying to sign Naeto C and his World Famous Akademy crew, but they did not return to Nigeria until early 2006, when Ikechukwu released his debut album “Son of the Soil”. That album “Son of the Soil” laid the grounds for Naeto C and his World Famous Akademy crew.
Working as an in-house producer with his newly discovered production team “ET-Quake” consisting of TY Mix and VC Perez, Naeto C was able to display his production skills working with popular artists like Sasha, Dare Art-Alade, GT the Guitarman, Disconnect, Saro-Wiwa and Nkiru. Within a year of working with the aforementioned artists, Naeto C had successfully recorded over 60 songs including his most recent album “Material” an album which he co-produced with ET-Quake.
The most notable production achievement is the “I Believe” song Naeto C wrote and co-produced with VC Perez, member of ET-Quake crew, which features Naeto C, and up-and-coming R&B/Gospel artists such as Sheun and Hugh Masekela from South Africa.
Naeto C has recorded over 50 songs including his debut albums. He has also recorded hit sounds for MoHit records own by D Banj and Don Jazzy. Naeto C has broken all boundaries and surpassed more limits than any up and coming artist in Nigeria. In May 2008, Naeto C released his first debut studio album “You Know My P”. In 2011, Naeto C released his second debut studio album “Super C Season”. In 2015, Naeto C released his third debut studio album “Day 1” and also In 2015, Naeto C released his third debut studio album “Festival”.
Naeto C in the cause of his career as a hip hop rapper has won several awards. In 2008, Naeto C won the award for New Musician at the MTV Africa Music Awards. In 2009, Naeto C won the award for Video of the Year at the Channel O Music Video Awards. Also in 2009, Naeto C was nominated for Best New Musician at the MTV Africa Music Awards.
In 2012, Naeto C won the award for Artiste of the Year at the Headies Awards. Also in 2012, Naeto C won the awards for Album of the Year at the Headies Awards. Naeto C has also won the awards for Best Breakthrough Act at the MTV African Music Awards.
Net Worth – How Rich Is Naeto C
Though Naeto C stands out as one of Nigeria’s fast-rising artists, he has amassed for himself a sizeable income from his involvements in the music industry. With many accomplishments ahead of him, we are pretty sure his net worth will grow bigger than what is now someday in the near future.
According to some sites, Naeto C is currently one of the richest and most influential artiste in Nigeria with an estimated net worth of $7.5 million. Mp3Naij is yet to substantiate this figure.
Other Facts You Need To Know about Naeto C
1. Naeto C’s father, Nze Herbert Chikwe is the owner of Somachi Investment.
2. His mother, Kema Chikwe, (born September 14, 1951) is the current women leader of the People’s Democratic Party, the current opposition party in Nigeria. She previously served as Nigeria’s minister of transport from 1999 – 2001 and the minister of Aviation from 2001 – 2003. Kema also served as the Nigerian ambassador to Ireland in 2009.
3. Dubbed ‘Super C’ and ‘The P’, the rapper has four albums to his name. They are U Know My “P, Super C Season, Day 1, and Festival. He released his debut album in 2008, his second studio album was released in 2011 while the last two dropped in 2015.
4. The P has two nominations and three awards to his name. In 2012, he was nominated for the “Artiste of the Year” at The Headies while his album Super C Season was nominated for “Album of the Year” at The Headies in the same year. Naeto C won the “Best New Musician” at MTV Africa Music Awards held in 2008 and the “Best New Artist” at the MTV Africa Music Awards held in 2009. His video was also voted Video of the Year at Channel O Music Video Awards in 2009.
5. He is currently signed to Cerious Music label, following his exit from Storm 360 record label in 2013.
6. The rapper is married to Nicole Chikwe. The pair met in July 2010 and got married in 2012. Their marriage has been blessed with two lovely children born in 2013 and 2015 while their third child is due to arrive in 2018.
7. Naeto has a sister called Somachi Chikwe. She was previously married to Nigerian businessman Dumebi Kachikwu before their tragic divorce sometime in 2011. The couple welcomed four sons together before their separation.